We hope that you’ve been keeping well and in good spirit through this latest lockdown, which seems to have been going on forever!
Unfortunately, being in Wales, we remain closed but below are our latest thoughts on when we might re-open.
Although we will be permitted to trade outside from Monday 26th April we think that, with the vagaries of the weather, un-mothballing the pub and the team and in particular our kitchen, without being able to trade reasonably inside is likely to be commercially and reputationally very damaging. Losses aside, we just don’t feel it’s very civilised to have to refuse entry to our customers if it starts out warm and then turns cold, wet and windy, plus it won’t exactly be conducive to enjoying a leisurely meal and that’s not to mention keeping the food hot and up to standard, all of which are incredibly important to us.
Welsh Gov have said that they will review when we might be able to trade inside on the 17th May with a hint that this will be before the end of May bank holiday on the 29th. With this in mind we are guessing that there is a very good chance that we will be allowed to trade as of Monday 24th May, although this is just speculation. Also, if the weather is looking truly lovely in the run up to this we may open up for outside only a few days before this.
Naturally, as soon as we can be more definitive we’ll be posting updates here, on social media and by e-shot. Meanwhile, although the phones aren’t being manned, we have opened up our online reservations diary from 1st June and are picking up enquiries by email.
We really can’t wait to welcome everyone back.
Wishing you all the very best
Alex and the Crew at The Boat